Friday, September 26, 2008

Assignment 2 : No Sleeping Sign




This is a pictogram comprising of icon, surrounding (it would be posted up in the study area), symbol (the cross out equates to not doing the action) and action (sleeping)







ok. this is my sign for NUS. I came up with this sign after much fustration with not being able to get seats at the study area when there are people sleeping there. I started out with a picture at my home and above is the results. It is form realistic to abstract if its not apparent btw =X


This abstraction is between a request to students and a "ban" to sleeping. I mean you cant really ban sleeping. It would be quite impossible to enforce this.


i chose the fifth abstraction as it was simple enough, and yet not so abstract that it is just a circle on a black line.








The rough for this assignement.



Classroom activity

1 comment:

Alfred Low said...

I'd choose the third abstraction with the circular-crossed symbol?